This month’s standard ride returns to normal, starting and ending in Prestwich.
Meetup is as per usual at 9am outside the gates of St. Mary’s Flower Park, Prestwich. Rob & Mark will be leading the ride, so just give them a shout when you get there.
We hope you have a great time and fingers crossed for some nice weather for everyone.
The ride details are below and the facebook event is here:
Saturday April 30th 2016 – Standard Ride – Bacup // 9:00am
Elevation: 2,500ft approx
Moving Time: 3.5 hours approx. (not counting stops)
A great ride up towards Bacup from Rob Symons. We head up passed Whitworth, towards Bacup and loop back through Littleborough.
Weather looking good albeit a tad chilly up in Glossop tomorrow! A final reminder of the schedule (the ride details are on this post):
1. 07:30 prompt @ St Mary’s Flower Park, Prestwich if you want to ride up to Glossop. Rob Symons will lead from here down to the Mcdonalds, Eastlands.
2. 08:00 (latest) from Mcdonalds, Eastlands (near Velodrome/City Ground). Rob will lead Prestwich contingent here to meet Mark Leigh. They will both lead the ride from here to Glossop.
3. 09:00 Coffees at Costa Coffee Prestwich. People driving/getting trains/making their own way there are welcome to meet us there or….
4. 09:30 Ride Starts promptly from Glossop Train Station.
The ride = Approx 3.5-4 hours moving time. Approx 1-1.5 hours for stops, lunch etc. Should be back in Glossop just between 14:30 – 15:00. Post ride refuel in Glossop. Ride heading back to Prestwich at around 16:00 – 16:30 (ISH).
Our ride this Sunday officially starts and ends at Glossop Train Station. The ride will commence at 09:30 prompt from Glossop Train Station. Please let us know if you are attending and are running late, as we need to be on it with the timings. Leave a message below, email us (email@example.com ) or contact us on Facebook and we can swap numbers.
Some of us will be meeting at 09:00 in Glossop for pre-match coffees, probably in the big Costa that is there, as they’ll be quick and be able to deal with the numbers.
If you are coming from Prestwich/Middleton/Oldham side and fancy extra miles, then a bunch of our rides are starting from:-
- St Mary’s Flower Park, Prestwich @ 07:30 prompt. Rob Symons will be leading any riders from there to….
- Mcdonalds, Eastlands (across from Man City stadium) @ 08:00 at the latest. Mark Leigh and Rob will lead the other riders from here up to Glossop. Approximately 15 miles pretty direct route.
Full ride details are below and on the rides page:- Read more