Today’s Ride Cancelled

It’s with sadness that we’ve made the decision to cancel today’s Club Ride. Two of our members have done checks in their respective neighbourhoods and there are still patches of ice and it’s too risky to take a group out.

If you do go out, please be safe, stay on lower ground and stick to main roads.


Snow and Route Update for Tomorrow’s Ride

04/03/2016 18:30
Folks, still snowing until early hours in Uppermill and snow is due to hit more in the East, so we have had to propose another route to the west. Martin has got us this alternate one:
We’ll still be doing a weather check around 7:30 tomorrow and if it is too icy then we will cancel the official ride and give people options to make their own plans.
Please check back tomorrow between 7:30 – 08:00 but will be surprised if we are not out in some capacity.
04/03/2016 10:00
Morning All, You’ve likely noticed that it’s snowing. Obviously keep your eyes peeled for updates.
The forecast is saying it’s snowing in Uppermill pretty much constantly between now and the early hours of tomorrow morning.
The concern, even around here, is if that snow/slush/ freezes over. It could be really dangerous and we’ve absolutely no desire to go out on super dangerous rides.
Keep your eyes peeled.

Saturday March 5th 2016 – Uppermill Ride

Here are the details of the ride coming up this Saturday 5th March. Hoepfully the weather holds out as this should be a nice one. Details are below:

Saturday March 5th 2016 – Standard Ride – Uppermill // 9am

Route:  Uppermill GPX (click to visit the GPX route)

Distance: 34 miles

Climbs:2,000ft (ish)

Moving Time: 2.5-3 hours approx. (not counting stops)

March’s standard club ride takes us back out towards Uppermill. Read more